Curry

Curry

Who doesn't love a good curry over some rice or wrapped up in some roti skins or in some doubles. No matter which country or island you associate with everyone loves a good curry when done right.

So I decided to try to make some...well I do make a good curry and that's my story and I'm stickin to it!

Again I must say that I am not a person who cooks with measuring spoons or cups. I just dash in a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I am not a chef either but in my kitchen...I am the cook, chef and bottle washer. So get out your dutch pot or whichever pot you choose and let's get to cookin some curry! Enjoy!
Jamaican Vegan Curry

Jamaican Curry Powder
2 Scotch bonnet pepper (Habenero pepper) whole
1 Large onion chopped or sliced whichever you prefer
2 large garlic cloves
2 carrots chopped
1 large tomato chopped
2 large potatos peeled and chopped
fresh ginger diced about 1 table spoon
1 teaspoon pimento seed
fresh thyme ( 2 sprigs)
1 chopped green pepper
Spike seasoning
chicken flavored seasoning
olive oil
sea salt or Kosher salt
garlic seasoning
Organic Garbonzo beans cooked ( can is good too- low sodium)
Soy chunks ( I use this and it gives me a chicken style type substitute. It is easier to use if you are looking for something that takes on the flavor of whatever you want it to taste like) Follow instructions on bag to re-hydrate.

Ok I think that is all the ingredients I used.

Now combine all the ingrdients except whole pepper in the pot or large bowl. . Chop a few peices of one of the peppers and combine in the ingrdients. it depends on how spicey you want it to be.Be careful of the curry! If it touches anything I have no suggestions on how to get it out so wear and apron or some house clothes.
Let the ingredients sit for 2hrs so that spices can marinate. You can also let it sit overnight in the refrigerator. This is even better!

Place all ingredients in the dutch pot or your pot of choice to cook. Add about a cup or two of water to the ingredients so that you will have some gravy. Not too much. You don[t want it to be too watery.

Put your whole pepper and sprig of thyme on top, cover with lid, bring to a boil and then turn to low to simmer for about 1 hr or until the potatoes and veges are tender.

Serve with rice or roti skins! mmmmmmm. Enjoy! This has been another great recipe from Tasty Eden Treats!

Comments

Popular Posts