Jamaican Coconut Bread

Jamaican Coconut Bread

Hello Tasty Eden Treats viewers/blogers. So here is a new recipe I found and thought you might want to try. It reminds me of this little Jamaican treat called "Rock cake". Very nice and tasty. It is usually made into small round cakes and sometimes hard. But you can make them moist. It sounds good and I think I will try to make it this week. I will take a pic and post. If you make it don't hesitate to share your end product with us! Have a good one!

Jamaican Coconut Bread

* 4 cup Flour
* 1/3 cup Sugar
* 2 tsp Baking Powder
* 1/4 tsp Salt
* 1 1/2 teaspoon Ener-G Ener-G Egg Replacer mixed with 2 tablespoon water or a flax or chia seed egg mix replacer.
* 1 cup Coconut Milk
* 1/2 cup Margarine, melted
* 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
* 2 cup Unsweet. shredded coconut
* 1 cup Raisins or dried cranberries or both, optional

1. Sift dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
2. Blend in egg substitute, milk, margarine & vanilla.
3. Mix in coconut & Raisins if used.
4. Knead very lightly.
5. Shape into 2 loaves & pat into 2 oiled medium loaf pans.
6. Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes.

Until the next post...Happy Tasty Eden Treats!

Comments

  1. Ok...so I made the bread and waited and taste it and I was amazed. It was good. It was not what I expected it to be or look like. Don't expect it to rise like regular bread. It was a little hard on the outside but soft or moist on in the inside. I had to add a little more coconut milk to the mix so it would not be so dry. Again it reminded me of the Jamaican little cakes call rock cake. It was good after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So my husband came home and almost finish one loaf. Luckily I made two loaves. I might have to hide the other one! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I must say that many do not respect those with the gift of eating. That's right, I said the GIFT of eating. Imagine you slave in the kitchen over pot-n-pans for hours on end with no punch-line--no finale--no climax, you get the point? All of the natural ingredients in the world combined with the most incredible culinary prowess are of NO effect without those, like me, with the gift of eating. In the memorable words of our former president, "I think they misunderestimated the will and determination of" those with the gift of eating (sorry..I couldn't resist--that was FUNNY). So, BIG-UPS to eaters everywhere. Nuh badda leave nuh cake nor bread unno nuh waan mi fi nyaam needa.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment at Tasty Eden Treats. This is a moderated blog and will be reviewed by the author/owner of this site. Please check back to view your post.

Popular Posts