Lemon Raspberry Cake




Ok so this is not a desert to mess with often but it makes for a special occasion and you don't have to feel guilty making it. So here is my most recent desert recipe that I tried....atleast the cake that is. It was soooo good! Something to try for the sweet toothe...it's vegan too! Yes! Finally! So I added a little twist to it and added some lemon zest to the mix hense the lemon aspect of the recipe. This is a cake mix I found in my local health food market. You should be able to find this as well at your local healthfood store or order on line. Trust me it is worth it. It is also peanut free and gluten free.

The icing/glaze recipe I found in one of my new favorite recipe book called "The Complete Vegan Kitchen"- Jannequin Bennett forward by Carl Lewis. I also adpated this recipe to use organic confectioners sugar...it works just as well.



Lemon Glaze:

1 cup organic confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 table spoons water

Whisk all the ingredients in a bowl until all lumps are gone. Be sure to use immediately....now drizzle over cake. Add fresh raspberries to decorate. Makes enough to glaze 1 9-inch cake layer.

Now enjoy everyone at the dinner table give complements and praise to the chef! mmmm so good!

So until next time.....Tasty Eden Treats has done once again!




Comments

Popular Posts