Lentil Stew


Hello Bloggers! I know it's been a while since we've posted new recipes. Here is a recipe that I had recently at a friends house and it was delicious!

Lentils are a good source of iron as is high in fiber as well. I had the opportunity to have lentil stew as an appetizer with warm homemade bread. mmmm. So my friends Michell and Angela shared the recipe with me and now I will share it with you. It is easy and if you have crock pot then you are in business.

Lentil Stew

2 garlic cloves chopped
1 medium onion chopped
enough water to cover lentils
1 green pepper chopped
1 bag of lentils
1 large diced tomato or 1 can tomato
parsley
cumin
1 zucchini sliced in chunks
1 cup veggie broth or 1 veggie bullion cube


Sautee garlic and onions in olive oil. You can use a lot of garlic and onion if desired for more flavor. In the crock pot combine all ingredients. be sure that you have enough water/broth to cover lentils. Let cook on low or high settings depending on how long you will be around or away. Cooking time on lentils in the crock pot is not long at all. Maximum time is probably 4 - 6 hours depending on your crock pot. You will need to make sure that you can check on the stew at some point so that you will not over cook the lentils.

I enjoyed this recipe with home made biscuit and a nice green salad. I hope that you will take the time to make this recipe and share it with your family and close friends as well. Let's make it another great, Tasty Eden Treats! Until next time....bye

Comments

Popular Posts