Vegan Black Bean Steak n Onions


If you are a fan of black beans and did not know you can make them into a patty or some alternative meat kind, well here is a recipe for you!

I ventured out and decided to make a patty that would be quite savory. I must say this recipe is a gluten free one as well. My mom is on a strict gluten free diet and I decided to create this recipe.

What you will need:

Ingredients:

1 can Organic Black beans drained, rinsed, mashed
1 onion chopped
1 Large Onion sliced
fresh thyme or dried
2 table spoons spike seasoning
1 cup gluten free corn meal or corn meal if not a gluten free diet
1 to 2 cups gluten free all purpose flower or regular flour
1 table spoon sea salt
2 table spoon Olive oil
Any of your favorite dry seasonings are a good thing too.
1/2 cup water
Additional Oil for cooking

Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees
Combine all ingredients except corn meal and sliced onions. Batter should be thick enough to form a patty. It should be soft enough for you to form but not thick to the point that it will turn out too pasty. Form patties and carefully coat them with cornmeal.
Place patty into hot pan with oil. Be careful not to cause oil to splash and burn you. You can use a spatula to place your patty in. Fry until golden brown or just brown. Once the patty is done, place it into the oven in a pan. Repeat until batter is done.

In a new pan with hot oil, place sliced onions in pan and saute onion s until slightly soft. Once done place a top patties as seen in picture.

I hope your patties turn out as good as mine were. Enjoy and I look forward to hearing about your Black Bean Patties here on Tasty Eden treats.

Comments

  1. Thx 4 the recipe! I usually cook beans from scratch. How much (in cups) is a can of beans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy! One can of beans is usually about 2 cups. But I basically guess sometimes. I try to gauge how much I use and then say what it should look like. Thanks for visiting my food blog....HAPPY EATS!!

      Delete
  2. TET, these black bean patties look and sound delicious! I have one question. In the list of ingredients, it says "corn flower" (I'm assuming you mean "flour") but in the instructions, you say corn meal. I want to make sure I'm using the correct ingredients. Is that put inside the patties or is that what you coat the shaped patties with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wanda! Thanks for visiting Tasty Eden Treats! You caught one of many mistakes and I did correct it. It should be "corn meal". I believe the recipe says combine all ingredients except corn meal. You will be using the corn meal to coat the patties once formed and ready to be placed in the oil for frying. You can also bake the patties if you wish not to fry them. You should yield almost if not the same results. Hope this helps. Enjoy your next tasty treat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment at Tasty Eden Treats. This is a moderated blog and will be reviewed by the author/owner of this site. Please check back to view your post.

Popular Posts