Seasonings and all that jazz!


So I figured I would share a few seasonings I like to use and think everyone should have in their pantry if you consider yourself the chef in your kitchen. I can't stress how many times I have had to pull either one of these seasonings out and they have saved a recipe I attempted to cook and it turned out better than I thought.

You can find either of these at your favorite grocery store that sells organic or vegetarian/vegan products. I for one have a kitchen cabinet that is overflowing with all kinds of spices, seeing that I like to experiment with different recipes. If you have hypertention issues or just want to minimize your salt/sodium intake you have the option of purchasing the Vegit very low sodium seasoning. This way you can monitor the amount of salt you may or may not want to add to your recipes.

Don't be afraid to try different seasonings. I for one has dry seasonings in my pantry that I can't even pronounce but have made it my goal to experiment with at least one new seasoning and if I like it or not at least I can say I tried it.

My diet is made up of 98% plant based recipes and need a little help some times. I find that when a recipe might be a little bland I spread a little of my secret seasoning for the day and jazz it up a bit. The thing is you can just add until you get the flavor you desire. Ok sometimes I get a little carried away...but my loving husband just grin and eat it anyways. I know when he really likes a dish....it is gone or he has at least eaten some of it before I can finish the whole dish. Other times he will give his modest " it's good" to make his wife feel like she was the best chef since slice bread!

The reality of plant based recipes is, you just need some good blend of seasonings to make the mouth water and the belly keep wanting more. So make it your goal to try at least 1 seasoning you have never heard of and let Tasty Eden Treats know why you like or didn't like it! Don't forget to post a pic of the product so others can know what the jazz is all about.

Have a good one...until next time Tasty Eden Treats.

Comments

Popular Posts