Jallof Couscous
I wanted to do something different with couscous and found a blogger who was from Nigeria and had a recipe for jallof rice and couscous. I decided to give it a try. I've had jallof rice with stew fish before from a coworker whose wife sent me the dish. It was spicy but oh so delicious! Now that I am on a strictly plant based diet I decided to leave the fish and just do the jallof couscous. It turned out better than I thought. I did use different ingredients only because I wanted to use homemade items such as the broth that the recipe called for. So let's get to making this tasty side dish TET's way.

What you will need


  • 1 cup dry couscous
  • 1 1/2 cup broth ( I made my own broth using nutritional yeast and dry veggie seasonings)
  • 1 teaspoon curry powder
  • 1 teaspoon paprika ( I used smoked paprika) 
  • 1 medium onion chopped
  • 1 medium red juicy tomato chopped
  • 2 tablespoon oil ( I used extra virgin coconut oil)
  • 1 stalk scallion aka green onion
  •  salt to taste
  • scotch bonnet pepper to your hot level (I used a dash of cayenne pepper)

In a sauce pan sauté vegetables for about 2-3 minutes. Add dry seasoning stir and mix well. Let that sauté a for a little taking care that it does not stick. Add broth pepper and salt to taste. Bring to a rumbling boil then add couscous. Stir to ensure all of couscous is submerged. Now turn off flame and let sit for approximately 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes use a fork to light fluff the couscous. Now add this to your favorite entree and enjoy a delectable meal brought to you by Tasty Eden Treats!

Comments

Popular Posts