Sweet Potato Korean Noodles with Crispy Tofu

Sweet Potato Noodles with Tofu

Today I decided to call my best friend, Demetrias who introduced me to Sweet Potato Korean Noodles. On my way home from shopping I came up with the idea of just wanting to create a dish with noodles. She told me what recipe she used but thought it was kinda ok and did my own thing. And now I can share it with you. As you know I love food! I really should have been a chef but I chose the medical field instead.

This recipe was very tasty and I do look forward to the left overs. It should taste even better the next day mainly because the ingredients have time to marinate over night. The noodles is a first for me and I wish I could tell you the name because the writing on the bag was in another language. I am sure if you visit your nearest Korean or Asian market you can ask someone to help you locate some. When preparing the noodles to use in your recipe it will require you to pay close attention to it while it is boiling or your noodles can come out to be very soft and mushy. So.... let's get ready to cook!

Things you will need:

Wok pot or large frying pan
1 block of extra firm tofu diced into chunks
1 medium onion chopped
1/3 cup red pepper or whatever color you choose chopped
1/2 pack sweet potato noodles
2 garlic cloves chopped
2 tbsp Sesame oil
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1tablespoon sea salt ( or salt to taste)
Vegan/Vegetarian mock chicken seasoning
1/3 cup spring onions chopped
1/2 cup carrots chopped
1 small tomoto chopped
1 cup Shitake mushroom
1 sweet corn on the cob (cut corn off the cob)
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional) my hubby likes a little heat in his food!
1 cup chopped spinach

Be sure your noodles are cooked and ready to go. You may cook noodles for 10 minutes or until tender or soak them in hotwater until tender. Do note that you must pay close attention to your noodles so as to not have over cooked, mushy noodles.
Fry tofu in wok or frying pan until crispy or golden brown using both oils. Again if you are trying to limit the amount of frying of foods you may choose to bake your tofu until golden, crispy brown. You may sprinkle some of your sea salt on the tofu while frying ( baking). Stir in all veggies except spinach and sautee with tofu. Now you may add all dry ingrediets to taste.

Now stir in noodles a little at a time until all ingredients are blended well. I made the mistake of stiring in all of my noodles at once which made it somewhat difficult to mix the igredients. Immediately after stir in spinach until wilted but still mainiting the bright green color. At this point you can taste your food and see whatelse you can add to the dish..etc. more seasalt, garlic powder or chicken seasoning.

Now you are ready to serve up your dish! MMmmmm mmmm! One whole meal in a pot! You can add more to your noodle dish if you so choose. Don't hesitate to experiement or improve upon dishes you've tried. You can serve up this Tasty Eden Treats meal with a nice salad and a refreshing drink.

Enjoy and until next time. Let your taste buds have fun with another Tasty Eden Treat!

Comments

  1. Sounds yummy. The noodles are called dangmyeon. The recipe I tried is japchae and it's easy to do. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to trying this recipe out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Torika Alonso-BurfordOctober 23, 2009 at 7:00 AM

    Sounds extremely yummy! This sounds like alternative to a favorite of mine - Pad Thai noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is delicious!I hope I could find the noodle you used here, but I would still try this recipe.Thanks for sharing this!I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment at Tasty Eden Treats. This is a moderated blog and will be reviewed by the author/owner of this site. Please check back to view your post.

Popular Posts